Friday, November 20, 2009

My comment about Alicia's reflection


First of all I have to recognize that I totally agree with Alicia's reflection about the short novel called "Odour of Chrisantemums" because in each line that she wrote I felt the same feelings she had about the plot. For instance, it was really interesting to read her thoughts about this story and the Rocking horse, in the sense that she believed that women like the main characters of each story were the guilty ones for making people believe that we were the weak gender.

From my personal point of view I completely believe that whta Lawrence did with this story was explore emotions and human imperfections in oder to show that it is really complicated to understand human nature. That it is why we are able to find through the story reality, as the reality that the bates' marriage represents in the story, an unfortunate woman who felt pity for her husband and her sad life living in the wrong place with the wrong man, a drunk one.

As Alicia mentioned in her reflection, I also have to say that the descriptions of the story were writen by Lawrence in a very realistic manner. For example, when Lawrence described the image of the traib rolling by, the woman backing up into the hedge and it workers image, we as readers can understand in a very easy way the realistic setting that Larence wanted to depict and in that way we are able to imagine the setting and feel that we are there.

Finally, it is important to mention that everyone of us can interpret this short story in our own way, due to the fact that we have different approaches of understanding according to our own experiences of life and in that sense we can interpret the story as we want, but it is really amazing to see how Alicia and I interpreted in the same way this story, both of us agree on the fact that even though the story is a chouvinist one, it is completely realistic view of the past world and today's world.

No comments:

Post a Comment