
I’m always wondering what I really want from life, but not only just regarded with my profession or with my family and social life, I’m also looking for answers related with what I expect from men in my life, but I still can’t find the answers to my question; what I really want and love most from them?
How powerful can be our genetic in terms of what we really want?; I think that this point is very important at the moment to think about how our DNA greatly affect our daily moods, behaviors and decisions, we are totally different from men, we want and expect always more, we are kind of perfectionist persons in the pursuit of the satisfaction of our desires.
In the “Wife of bath” by Chaucer, we find a complex portrait of a medieval woman. On the one hand, The Wife of Bath is shameless about her sexual exploits and the way she uses sexual power to obtain what she wishes, even though at first glance her actions seem to be rebellion against the male-dominated society in the Canterbury Tales or in the medieval age for women. On the other hand, as the story says, women in today’s world try to have the power that we want through our sexual actions, because we as women have always respond in a patriarchy society and as an incapable and dependent human being. As an example of that we just need to read the Bible and figure it out how the women were created and our role in the society trough history. Probably, that’s why the world that we have always been living does not offer us opportunities to be equal as them.
From the point of how Chaucer showed the role of the women in his book, I really agree with how in the book the inequalities in standards for men and women are supported, because through that reading I realized that men can understand what are our complains, but even though through the time they still can show us that they understand us.
No comments:
Post a Comment